Friday, December 10, 2021

My Bathroom Remodeling Story | Be Bold, Try Gold

As we have finally agreed to remodel our bathroom, I am so glad I started my blog. Ya Hoo! This has been one of the things on our to-do list since we moved in 6 years ago. This has been seven years of waiting. But, hey, I have the perfect excuse: It's good for me'. This one is too hard for Willis. Smile a lot!

When I was looking for inspiration for my bathroom, I fell in love instantly with gold taps. They look incredible! They are simply stunning! They are elegant, sophisticated, and glamorous and can be found in luxury hotel bathrooms all over the world. They were my first love and I knew that I needed them. They were my first love and I was a sucker for more. There was no other way. That's when the lengthy argument over gold taps began

Bathroom taps have been a nightmare to agree to (we love drama in our home). I would never have imagined that bathroom taps could create so much controversy and misery (on our part). It took me six months to convince Willis that gold taps were the right choice. His reply has always been "They're too, shiny and too footballers-wives" (no offence to any footballer, I'm just jealous!). It was like trying to convince Z to be quiet. It is unlikely that it will happen. You know me, it wasn't something I was going to give up.

It didn't work. I tried my womanly charm. I got grumpy, it didn't work. It didn't work. I tried a few doors. It didn't work. I tried radio silence (I think Willis liked that one). Even though I was in tears, crocodile tears were all that I resorted to. Not sure what his thoughts were on that one. After trying all the tricks in the book for months, I finally convinced Willis that gold was good.

After feeling like we were living on the Eastenders set for 6 months, we settled on brushed-gold taps by Tapron. We had to make a compromise and accept brushed gold taps instead of the full-on footballers' gold, golden. They're not as shiny as I would like, but they are still gold.

Finally, they are here in all their glory. Although not as good as Victoria Beckham, it was worth the six months of argument. In case Willis sees this post, I deliberately did not include the prices. Ouch! This is what we women excel at, the "art of deception". Smile a lot!

What are you waiting to do? Grab your chrome and join me in the gold tap gang!

Images of Taps which I installed







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bathroom Remodeling Story | Be Bold, Try Gold

As we have finally agreed to remodel our bathroom, I am so glad I started my blog. Ya Hoo! This has been one of the things on our to-do list...